TKL LAMP - I broke my phpMyAdmin connection

Hi all,

I think I messed up. I am running LAMP and SPToolkit on an HP Prolient DL380 G5 and everything was working fine until I upgraded Debian from Wheezy to Jessie. In hindsight, this may not have been a good idea. After upgrading, I could no longer get to phpMyAdmin through port 12322. I can get to the Webmin console, SPT, and I can SSH and SFTP successfuly. The only thing that no longer works is phpMyAdmin. I tried updating php through ssh, but it was already up-to-date. I am using a static IP address, if that matters. I am also behind a firewall. No changes were made to the firewall.

This is my first time working with Debian. I have messed around with Ubuntu and Gnome over the last few years, but I am just still a novice. I tried a few things last week and was not successful. Sorry, I can't remember the details. I'm not exactly sure what other info to provide. Let me know what you need and I will get it.

Thanks in advance for your time and advice!

TB

Jeremy Davis's picture

phpMyAdmin doesn't seem to like sticking to the port you assign it anymore... For the v14.0 (Jessie) release I could log in and make it work but not properly (unless you host it on a directory rather than a port)...

That is part of the reason why we chose to replace it with Adminer...

Thanks for the quick reply Jeremy. I'll try Adminer and see if I can make that work. If not, I'll reinstall LAMP

Hi Jeremy,

I just wanted to let you know that I found a solution to my problem, in case someone else asks. All you have to do is remove the port number and replace it with /phpmyadmin. So, either ip.add.re.ss/phpmyadmin instead of ip.add.re.ss:12322 or domain.xxx/phpmyadmin instead of domain.xxx:12322. Found this here: http://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/bugs/4565/. I did this and it worked instantly.

Troy

Jeremy Davis's picture

Glad you worked it out.

FWIW that's what I meant by:

... could log in and make it work but not properly (unless you host it on a directory rather than a port)...

Sorry I wasn't clearer

Munyiva Ngea's picture

This worked for me thank you.

Post new comment