Vikram Paranjape's picture

Hi,

I get the following error when running tklbam-backup on my LAMP instance at RamNode.

"

~# tklbam-backup
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/tklbam-backup", line 510, in <module>
    main()
  File "/usr/bin/tklbam-backup", line 374, in main
    get_server_id())
  File "/usr/lib/tklbam/hub.py", line 270, in new_backup_record
    response = self._api('POST', 'record/create/', attrs)
  File "/usr/lib/tklbam/hub.py", line 226, in _api
    return self.api.request(method, self.API_URL + uri, attrs, headers)
  File "/usr/lib/tklbam/hub.py", line 126, in request
    raise APIError(e.code, e.name, e.description)
hub.APIError: Backup plan record limit reached

~#

"

It seems that I have reached some sort of limit - but the documentation doesn't make it clear that there is one.

I thought that there was no fee to use tklbam or the tklbam Hub and that AWS would reimburse the Hub from any money I pay AWS.

Anyway, any idea how to fix this error?

Thanks,

Vikram

Forum: 
Tags: 
Vikram Paranjape's picture

Perhaps more context is in order

I had a VPS instance that was over-provisioned and that tklbam-backup was run from. So, I deleted that instance, started a new one and restored from the Hub to this instance successfully.

It is when running tklbam-backup from this new instance that I get the error.

It also seems that the error must have begun with the first instance since it has only backed up 17 times and hasn't backedup anything after that.

The Hub backup plan allows for 1 instance, so it must be considering this new server as a new instance. Can I delete the old backup and start backing up this new server?

Jeremy Davis's picture

I'm pretty sure that you're right and it's seeing your new server as a new (second) instance so it won't back it up.

I'm almost certain that if you deleted your old backup then you could start backing up your new server.

Add new comment