larbac's picture

Hi

Sorry for asking this, but I can't find a solution anywhere...

I'm testing Owncloud on VirtualBox. The instalation was done succesfully.

But I can't access the IP, getting the "famous":

You are accessing the server from an untrusted domain.
Please contact your administrator. If you are an administrator of this instance, configure the "trusted_domain" setting in config/config.php. An example configuration is provided in config/config.sample.php.
Depending on your configuration, as an administrator you might also be able to use the button below to trust this domain.

I have tried to found the config/config.php but I can't found it. How can I edit it on Virtual Box?

I can access WebShell, Webmin, etc. Can I edit it from there?

What steps should I do?

Other thing: to access it from another PC, using a diferent internet access I have to have a Static IP or NoIP account, right?

Thank You

Forum: 
Jeremy Davis's picture

With VirtualBox you will want to make sure that you are using "bridged" networking. That should give your VM an IP address similar to (and connectible from) your PC and other network connected devices. Often this will be "192.168.1.xxx" or similar...

Next; assuming that this is a v14.0 appliance: You should have been asked during install for a domain. For testing purposes you have 2 choices. Either use an example domain and adjust your host OS's hosts file to resolve to your VMs IP (google on how to add an address to your hosts file for your OS). Or you can just use the VMs IP as the domain.

As for editing the config file, I'll split your question in 2. The first I will answer is how to edit files on TurnKey... That can actually be done in a huge array of different ways. Have a look at the docs to see different ways to connect and edit files.

As for the specific file to edit; the v14.0 TurnKey appliance uses the version of ownCloud from the Debian repos so the config file is in /etc/owncloud (/etc is where all config/settings files are generally stored in TurnKey).

Probably the easiest way to resolve your issue would be to just reinitialise ownCloud (instead of manually editing the config file). Do that by re-running the inithook from the commandline:

/usr/lib/inithooks/bin/owncloud.py
larbac's picture

Hi Jeremy

Thanks for the reply.

About the edit of the file, is it done on the command line, after I close down the console?

Can it be done using the GUI of Webmin or Webshell?

Thanks

Jeremy Davis's picture

I have just edited my previous post as I don't think that it was quite as clear as I had intended...

Bottom line is that IMO the far easier method is to rerun the inithook (as per last line of my post above). If you do rerun the inithook (i.e. use the command from above either in Webshell or an SSH session) then you do not need to manually edit the config file (it should just work).

If you want to manually edit the file via the commandline then you can use Webshell or an SSH session and one of the pre-installed commandline text editors (vim or nano). Unless you are familiar with vim then I would recommend nano (vim is better IMO but for the uninitiated it isn't very intuitive). If you want to use Webmin then the included File Manger has an Edit button - note though that the Webmin File Manager is a Java applet so you will need to have Java installed and use a web browser that supports Java (Firefox or IE).

larbac's picture

Hi Jeremy

The command did not worked, but using the File Manager I could edit the config.php and I can now access the Owncloud.

Next step is to make it accessible over the internet.

Thanks

Jeremy Davis's picture

I tested it in a fresh install of ownCloud to make sure that it would work and it did for me. Did you get any error or did it just not work? Regardless though, glad you're up and running.

As for internet access it will depend on your setup, but generally you'll need to configure port forwarding on your router. You may also need to define an alternate "domain" (in ownCloud) for access outside of your LAN.

daniyal's picture

hi ,how are you guys 

i need your help if you can help me ,i didnt find anything like office plugin for tunekey ownclouad

i mean that we are use this inside our office for uploading document like pdf word pic our anything else and we need something for edit document inside tunekey but i cant find anything

now that is too bad when we want to edit something we have to download it frome tunekey and after that inside pc we can edit  doc and again delete it from tunekey then upload this new edited file,woooow that is tooo tooo long way i relly need your help guys

thank you soo much

and i m sorry beacuse i cant write english very well

Jeremy Davis's picture

I haven't tried it, but a quick google turned up this which suggests that there is an ownCloud app that does what you are hoping for. It uses LibreOffice (which you'll need to install on your server) to do the editing, so it may not format things exactly right for MS Office, but it should be close.

It looks like there is also a plugin for Collabora (a pay for online editor) although it appears that you also need a paid ownCloud subscription as well.

Jeremy Davis's picture

Hmm, I just had a bit more of a look and it seems that my previous note regarding the collaboration app in ownCloud is only supported on ownCloud 9. So unfortunately, if you are running ownCloud 10, it's not compatible :(

So I just did a bit more googling for you and found a few other links that seem relevant to Nextcloud/ownCloud (Nextcloud is a fork of ownCloud and is where most of the ownCloud devs went to after a big split a year or 2 ago). Here are some links that may be worth further reading:

• https://nextcloud.com/collaboraonline/
  • https://ask.libreoffice.org/en/question/94294/how-can-i-integrate-libreoffice-with-nextcloud-for-free-is-there-a-free-solution/
  • https://www.itzgeek.com/how-tos/linux/edit-owncloud-nextcloud-documents-online-with-onlyoffice-online-editor.html

If you keep in mind that TurnKey is Debian under the hood (TKL v14.x = Debian 8 "Jessie") then hopefully you should be able to resolve many issues via google.

I'm not very familiar with ownCloud/Nextcloud software itself, but if you need a hand weorking through any of those suggestions, please feel free to ask. Please include as much info as you can about what you tried (inc links to any tutorials you tried to follow), and what the outcome was, including any error messages (preferably copy/paste them rather than posting screenshots, although screenshots are better than nothing).

Good luck with it.

• Add new comment