Will's picture

Hi,

I'm using a TLKAPP server on AWS (via hup.turnkeylinux.org), and I've got an issue:

I'm getting charged for an un-used Elastic-IP.  

Now this is what I've done: 

Within the server section, I clicked on "Associate Elastic IP".  This gave me an error, saying that my server is part of a VPC, and therfore can't have an elastic IP associated.  I thought nothing more of it, until I got a bill.

Now I've looked through the EC2 section of AWS console and the VPC section, and neither seem to think that I've got an elastic IP allocated.

I also can't see any elastic IP management features within the hub.turnkey console.

If I select "Associate with Elastic IP" again, then I see that I seem to have one elastic IP, but I see no way to get tot he management features to release it.

Any Ideas?.

Forum: 
Tags: 
Will's picture

So it seems that the way to find it is via the AWS console

I needed to select the correct region, then it appeared in the EC2 console, and once I'd found it it was easy enough to release.

Jeremy Davis's picture

The Hub's "elastic IP" feature got broken in some regions by AWS updates a while ago. We will be working on a fix but no idea on an ETA.

Thanks too for posting back with your workaround. I'm sure that will help others out! :)

Add new comment