Mike Firth's picture

Hi Guys

I'm looking at using Wordpress on Turnkey for an internal project. I see in the release notes for v14:

"WordPress can now updat itself and install plugins without asking for FTP credentials"

Unfortunately the updating mechanism still isn't working, it gives an error message which appears to be related to permissions:

"The update cannot be installed because we will be unable to copy some files. This is usually due to inconsistent file permissions.: wp-admin/includes/update-core.php"

Because Turnkey is by nature a sort of appliance, I am reluctant to deep-dive the issue and try to change permissions on the Wordpress folder or other web folders (which is what Google searches suggest) because I don't want to undo any of the hard work that the Turnkey teams put into making the appliance secure and reliable.

Is there any fix for this issue in the pipeline?

Thanks

Mike

Forum: 
Mike Firth's picture

I should also add that this is a fresh install, literally just been installed to hard disk with default settings and all of the latest (Turnkey) updates installed.

Cheers!

Jeremy Davis's picture

Apologies on this one. We thought we had fixed this bug in 14.0 but it appears not... Grr!

Have a look here: https://github.com/turnkeylinux/tracker/issues/489 and let me know how that goes.

FWIW we intend to produce debian package to fix bugs like this in the future (so it will be a simple case of "apt-get install <turnkey-bugfix-name>') however we aren't there yet so you'll need to do it manually for now...

Add new comment