Michael Norton's picture

Tried the oDoo appliance in both the VM and ISO versions in VirtualBox.  Couldn't get either to accept the initial "create oDoo database" wizard.  Attached is a snapshot of the error.

Forum: 
Tags: 
Jeremy Davis's picture

So you can log into the default "master admin" account ok? But once logged in you can't create a new DB? Is that right?

TBH I'm not that familiar with Odoo nor did I do much work on this particular appliance. But assuming I understand right, maybe the DB user permissions are not being quite right? You should be able to manually tweak them in Adminer (log in via https on port 12322 using the "postgres" user and the password you configured on firstboot).

Also for future reference all the images are built from the ISOs. Some of the other build types have more substantial changes, but the OVA and VMDK are essentially just a vHDD of the ISO installed. So if the OVA imports ok, but then doesn't work, there is a good chance that the ISO won't either (and vice versa). Unless of course your download is corrupt. You can check that by comparing a hash of your download against the relevant sig file.

Michael Norton's picture

Hi Jeremy,

I don't think it's a corrupt download as I tried it from two different computers and two downloads.

I'm able to run the installer (ISO) or start the machine (VM) and set the initial passwords, then bring the machine up to the shell.  Accessing the oDoo website for first login works, which requires creating the database for first use.  That's where every attempt to create the database fails.  I tried every combination of my preset password and the default "admin" password, to no avail.

It's almost like the initial passwords are being set for root and postgres ok, but the additional password for oDoo admin is not?

Thanks,

Michael

Jeremy Davis's picture

I'll download it and see what I can see...
Jeremy Davis's picture

This dropped off my radar. I'll look into it asap for you.
Jeremy Davis's picture

Although I did find discover a different issue (Odoo service not starting reliably inside a container). But that shouldn't be a problem inside virtualbox (non container builds use SystemD initsystem and that was well tested).

But once I got that working then it all worked as it should...

I will now test for an ISO install just to be sure...

Jeremy Davis's picture

I installed from ISO this time and I can reproduce the issue exactly as you state it...

I'll have a fiddle and see if I can work out what is going on.

[update] Ok I'm not sure why but I just reran the initial Odoo initscript and reset my Odoo master password and then restarted Odoo. After that it worked as expected...

/usr/lib/inithooks/bin/odoo.py
service openerp-server restart

Add new comment