Jobee 1's picture

Hey all, I just downloaded and installed Turnkey's Observium "app." It's installed and appears to be running but no devices have been discovered. I checked the Observium log and it's filled with these entries:

[2016/12/08 15:55:02 +0000] discovery.php(2010): /opt/observium/discovery.php: new - 0 devices discovered in 0.016 secs
[2016/12/08 15:55:02 +0000] poller-wrapper.py(2009): /opt/observium/poller-wrapper.py: polled 0 devices in 0 seconds with 1 workers

I can do an snmpwalk and view the information for the devices that are supposed to be getting polled so it's not a permissions issue. I thought it might be a configuration issue where Observium doesn't know where to look (what subnets) but I can't see a way to enter that information. I've Googled this using different search criteria but no joy. I'm going to keep looking but if anyone has something obvious that I've overlooked please let me know.

Thanks,

Joe B

Forum: 
Tags: 
Jobee 1's picture

Ok, I'm able to get things added by using the CLI. It's not quite what I was hoping for because it's a little more time consuming but at least I have a way in.

Thanks,

Joe B

Jeremy Davis's picture

If you wish you can enable the web UI ability to add devices, however, it is noted in the upstream Observium docs that it's a security risk (hence why we don't do it by default).

Please see this issue for further details.

Having said that, we do need to document that better. I had already decided to do that, but as the issue was closed it got forgotten... So thanks to your post, I've reopened so it doesn't get forgotten again...

Jobee 1's picture

Thanks for the info. Ever since I was hit by Locky (about three months ago) I've been much more accepting of the added "inefficiencies" that accompany stricter security. I think I'll leave the web UI alone and stick with CLI.

Thanks,

Joe B

Add new comment