Very Siberian's picture

Hey,

I am using the current version of TKL WordPress. I received an email alert that the Let's Encrypt certificate, which I set up using TKL WordPress, was about to expire. I checked and realized that I had not yet set it for automatic updates, so I changed the setting. Then, this morning, I got a second email alert about the upcoming certificate expiration.

When should I expect the certificate to auto-renew, and is there anything I need to do to make sure it happens now that I'm set up for auto renewal?

Thanks!

Rob

Forum: 
Jeremy Davis's picture

Although if it failed to get a new certificate, that may be the issue. The way that the cron job is set up, if the certificate in /etc/ssl/private/cert.pem expires within 30 days, it will attempt to update the certificate. If that fails, it simply retries the next day, ad infinitum. I suggest that you have a look at the logs and see what the issue is (IIRC should be /var/log/confconsole/something... or similar).

Unfortunately an issue has arisen in our confconsole Let's Encrypt integration. Let's Encrypt have updated their Terms of Service which has resulted in a breakage.

There is a workaround posted there (as well as in the forums). I have been working on a fix, but I still haven't tested it enough to release. Unfortunately I keep getting pulled onto other stuff. But I do hope to get that out ASAP.

I'll see if I can have another look at that today. Perhaps you can even assist me with testing? If you're at all interested in the nuts and bolts, you can see my work in progress on GitHub here. Feedback and testing would be warmly welcomed! :)

Very Siberian's picture

Thank you, Jeremy! You'll love this: a simple reboot seems to have fixed the problem. I did that first and then checked the Let's Encrypt logs to find that the certificate had been renewed as of this morning. Why can't it always be this easy?

Best,

Rob

Jeremy Davis's picture

Good to hear. Ah, if only it were always that easy! :)

Add new comment