Subscribe to Security and News announcements
In the works: new apps, multi-app installations, clustering, better backups...
- Self Hosted Git Management
GitLab let's you keep & manage your code, similar to GitHub but on your own server. GitLab helps you manage projects, issues and merge requests and browse source code. It's a fast, secure and stable solution based on Ruby on Rails.
Run from browser:
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
- GitLab configurations:
- GitLab, RubyGems and all other required components installed from latest upstream versions.
- Set GitLab admin password and email on firstboot (convenience, security).
- Set GitLab domain to serve on first boot (convenience).
- Pre-configured to use MySQL (recommended for production).
- Includes Nginx pre-configured to proxy to unicorn daemon, with SSL support out of the box (performance, security).
- Includes postfix MTA (bound to localhost) for sending of email (e.g. password recovery). Also includes webmin postfix module for convenience.
Usage details & Logging in for Administration
No default passwords: For security reasons there are no default passwords. All passwords are set at system initialization time.
Ignore SSL browser warning: browsers don't like self-signed SSL certificates, but this is the only kind that can be generated automatically without paying a commercial Certificate Authority.
Username for gitlab:
Login as username is email set at first boot
Web - point your browser at either:
- http://126.96.36.1999/ - not encrypted so no browser warning
- https://188.8.131.529/ - encrypted with self-signed SSL certificate
Username for database administration:
Login as MySQL username root at
- https://184.108.40.2069:12322/ - Adminer database management web app
- MySQL command line tool:
$ mysql --user root --password Enter password: Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g. Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement. mysql>
Username for OS system administration:
Login as root except on AWS marketplace which uses username admin.
- Point your browser to:
- Login with SSH client:
Special case for AWS marketplace:
* Replace 220.127.116.119 with a valid IP or hostname.