Subscribe to Security and News announcements
In the works: new apps, multi-app installations, clustering, better backups...
- Simple Network Attached Media Storage
TurnKey MediaServer makes it easy to bring all of your home videos, music, and photos together into a single server that automatically converts and streams your media on-the-fly to play on any device. This app integrates Emby with a file management web app, Windows-compatible network file sharing and other transfer protocols including SFTP, rsync, NFS, and WebDAV. Files can be managed in private or public storage.
Run from browser:
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
- SSL support out of the box.
- Media server (Emby) configurations:
- Web UI (https) listening on ports 8096 and 8920 (https).
- Preconfigured path substitution for Samba access
- Preconfigured Music, Movies, TVShows, and Photos directories
- File server (Samba) configurations:
- Preconfigured wordgroup: WORKGROUP
- Preconfigured netbios name: MEDIASERVER
- Configured Samba and UNIX users/groups synchronization (CLI and Webmin).
- Configured root as administrative samba user.
- Configured shares:
- Users home directory.
- Public storage.
- CD-ROM with automount and umount hooks (/media/cdrom).
- Access your files securely from anywhere via SambaDAV:
- Web GUI access to your files, with online previews of major formats and drag-n-drop support.
- Pre-configured authentication (Samba).
- Pre-configured repositories (storage, user home directories).
- Default storage: /srv/storage
- Includes popular compression support (zip, rar, bz2).
- Webmin module for configuring Samba.
Usage details & Logging in for Administration
File server access: log in as user root
- SambaDAV web file management: https://126.96.36.1999/
- From the command line:
smbclient //188.8.131.529/storage -Uroot mount -t cifs //184.108.40.2069/storage /mnt -o username=root,password=PASSWORD
Emby Web UI: log in as username emby
No default passwords: For security reasons there are no default passwords. All passwords are set at system initialization time.
Ignore SSL browser warning: browsers don't like self-signed SSL certificates, but this is the only kind that can be generated automatically without paying a commercial Certificate Authority.
Web - point your browser at either:
- http://220.127.116.119/ - not encrypted so no browser warning
- https://18.104.22.1689/ - encrypted with self-signed SSL certificate
Username for OS system administration:
Login as root except on AWS marketplace which uses username admin.
- Point your browser to:
- Login with SSH client:
Special case for AWS marketplace:
* Replace 22.214.171.1249 with a valid IP or hostname.