Subscribe to Security and News announcements
In the works: new apps, multi-app installations, clustering, better backups...
MongoDB (from "humongous") is a scalable, high-performance document-oriented NoSQL database system. Instead of storing data in tables as is done in a "classical" relational database, MongoDB stores structured data as JSON-like documents with dynamic schemas, making integration with certain types of applications easier and faster.
Run from browser:
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
- MongoDB configurations:
- MongoDB installed and maintained through the package management system (mongodb package).
- Configured with auth enabled (security).
- Configured to bind to all network interfaces (convenience).
- Includes MongoDB PHP bindings.
- Includes MongoDB Python bindings and iPython.
- RockMongo for web based administration:
- Installed from upstream source code to /var/www/rockmongo.
- RockMongo is powered by Lighttpd with SSL support out-of-the-box.
- Postfix MTA (bound to localhost) to allow sending of email (e.g., password recovery).
- Webmin modules for configuring Postfix.
Usage details & Logging in for Administration
No default passwords: For security reasons there are no default passwords. All passwords are set at system initialization time.
Ignore SSL browser warning: browsers don't like self-signed SSL certificates, but this is the only kind that can be generated automatically without paying a commercial Certificate Authority.
Web - point your browser at either:
- http://126.96.36.1999/ - not encrypted so no browser warning
- https://188.8.131.529/ - encrypted with self-signed SSL certificate
Username for OS system administration:
Login as root except on AWS marketplace which uses username admin.
- Point your browser to:
- Login with SSH client:
Special case for AWS marketplace:
* Replace 184.108.40.2069 with a valid IP or hostname.