We just announced part one of the TurnKey Linux 11 release, spanning 45 ready-to-use solutions based on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Long Term Support - until April 2015):
- Includes TKLBAM: a smart, automated backup and restore facility, powered by the Amazon S3 storage cloud. The system is designed to make it easy to move or clone a TurnKey system anywhere along with any changed files, databases, packages and users.
- No default passwords: Users no longer have to worry about changing default passwords as TurnKey helps them configure all passwords on first boot.
- LVM support: instead of installing to a fixed size partition, a Logical Volume is first created by default, and this may later be expanded, even across multiple physical devices.
- TurnKey comes to Asia: availability of TurnKey AMIs (Amazon Machine Images) in the Amazon EC2 Asia pacific region also.
- OVF: New ESX4 / vSphere optimized OVF builds.
- New appliances: 5 new appliances for Magento, PrestaShop, StatusNet, vTiger and Joomla 1.6
TurnKey Linux Co-Founder