Subscribe to Security and News announcements
In the works: new apps, multi-app installations, clustering, better backups...
Community Forum Solution
phpBB is used by millions, making it the most used Open Source forum solution in the world. phpBB incorporates a professional-quality modular design, high security, multiple-language interface and an extensive administration panel, which allows the customization of even the most intricate features.
Run from browser:
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
- phpBB configurations:
- Installed from package management. See /var/www for links to file paths.
- Uploading of avatars is supported, and enabled by default.
- Setup an example forum, including welcome post displaying default login credentials.
- SSL support out of the box.
- Adminer administration frontend for MySQL (listening on port
12322 - uses SSL).
- Postfix MTA (bound to localhost) to allow sending of email (e.g., password recovery, notifications).
- Webmin modules for configuring Apache2, PHP and MySQL.
- Note, you may not be able to access the moderator control panel if you delete all forums (e.g., the example forum). See this thread for details.
Usage details & Logging in for Administration
No default passwords: For security reasons there are no default passwords. All passwords are set at system initialization time.
Ignore SSL browser warning: browsers don't like self-signed SSL certificates, but this is the only kind that can be generated automatically without paying a commercial Certificate Authority.
Username for phpbb:
Login as username admin
Web - point your browser at either:
- http://188.8.131.529/ - not encrypted so no browser warning
- https://184.108.40.2069/ - encrypted with self-signed SSL certificate
Username for database administration:
Login as MySQL username root at
- https://220.127.116.119:12322/ - Adminer database management web app
- MySQL command line tool:
$ mysql --user root --password Enter password: Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g. Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement. mysql>
Username for OS system administration:
Login as root except on AWS marketplace which uses username admin.
- Point your browser to:
- Login with SSH client:
Special case for AWS marketplace:
* Replace 18.104.22.1689 with a valid IP or hostname.