Subscribe to Security and News announcements
In the works: new apps, multi-app installations, clustering, better backups...
High-level Python Web Framework
Django is a high-level Python Web framework that encourages rapid development and clean, pragmatic design. Python's equivalent to the famous Ruby on rails, Django lets you build high-performing, elegant Web applications quickly. Django focuses on automating as much as possible and adhering to the "Don't Repeat Yourself" (DRY) principle.
Run from browser:
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
- SSL support out of the box.
- Preconfigured example Django project located at /var/www/turnkey_project
- Integrated with Apache2 (mod_wsgi), MySQL and Postfix.
- Built-in administration console with embedded online documentation.
- iPython for enhanced Django shell interaction.
- Webmin modules for configuring Apache2, and MySQL.
Usage details & Logging in for Administration
No default passwords: For security reasons there are no default passwords. All passwords are set at system initialization time.
Ignore SSL browser warning: browsers don't like self-signed SSL certificates, but this is the only kind that can be generated automatically without paying a commercial Certificate Authority.
Username for django admin console:
Login as username admin
Web - point your browser at either:
- http://188.8.131.529/ - not encrypted so no browser warning
- https://184.108.40.2069/ - encrypted with self-signed SSL certificate
Username for database administration:
Login as MySQL username root at
- https://220.127.116.119:12322/ - Adminer database management web app
- MySQL command line tool:
$ mysql --user root --password Enter password: Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g. Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement. mysql>
Username for OS system administration:
Login as root except on AWS marketplace which uses username admin.
- Point your browser to:
- Login with SSH client:
Special case for AWS marketplace:
* Replace 18.104.22.1689 with a valid IP or hostname.