faustcoder's picture

Hello,

I was planning on doing this exact same thing but you guys will save me a ton of time and effort. I look forward to contributing in one way or another. I hope to create some appliances for email, (maybe obm or egroupware). From there maybe I can test others items on my ESX cluster. Anyways look forward to helping out.

Patrick

Forum: 
Liraz Siri's picture

Your interest in the project is most welcome. If you need any help or have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

In a nutshell the fastest way to get an appliance added to the project is to create a prototype, takes notes during the process and then share your results. Once we add an appliance to the project we assume the burden of maintaining it at the appliance level (e.g., Core upgrades).

We already had eGroupWare on our radar but I wasn't previously familiar with OBM. Looks very powerful and a classic candidate for integration as an appliance.

Cheers!

Jeremy Davis's picture

Welcome to TurnKey! :)

Since this old post by Liraz things have moved along. We have now made public our build tool TKLDev. Have a look at this meta-doc page for a variety of links for further reading.

It may seem a bit daunting, but once you get your head around how it works it's pretty straight forward I think. Even if you don't have the energy to take it to completion, just sharing your build notes (please start a new thread) would give someone else a head start.

Unfortunately internally, we're a bit overextended already, so if you rely on us to do the final build it may take a while. FWIW IIRC when Liraz made this post TurnKey only had a library of about 20-30 appliances, we now have over 100!

Add new comment