Mark Semsel's picture

I come from a Java background, and was recently wowed by a brief intro tutorial on Grails.  So, how about a Groovy on Grails Appliance, with PostgreSQL or Ingres as the RDB?  (Not sure if Oracle's really going to support MySQL).  

But I'd think that maybe it would be pretty easy to add a Grails package to your existing Tomcat appliance.

Any thoughts on either path?

Mark

Forum: 
Alon Swartz's picture

Grails looks impressive, I have created a blueprint to track the development effort.

If you would like to push the appliance forward, I recommend taking a look at tklpatch (a simple appliance customization mechanism), possibly basing off the tomcat appliance as you suggested.
Mark Semsel's picture

Hi Alon,

I'll certainly take a look at tklpatch, although this may very well be over my head.  But hey, the worst that can happen is that I might actually learn something.

Daniel Serodio's picture

What are your requirements for a Grails VM?

Are you asking about TKL's requirements, or the previous poster's (Mark Samsei) requirements?

Daniel Serodio's picture

Mark Samsei's requirements.

Mark Semsel's picture

Odd how my new pict shows up, but the tag says "not verified".

Hard to say if a Grails developer would want an RDBMS on the same box or not.  It certainly makes development very convenient, but that wouldn't be the way to go for a scalable production environment.

Mark

Add new comment