Scott Futch's picture

I am new to using Turnkey.  Just now using Joomla appliance and liking it.  I was curious if there is an Amahi or Windows Home Server equivalent appliance or is there anyone working on one?

Forum: 
Jeremy Davis's picture

I've just been having a look at Amahi and I like it. What a fantastic looking all-in-one home server! At the moment though, as TKL is Ubuntu based and Amahi is Fedora based so it won't happen any time soon. OTOH acording to this page they do have an Ubuntu version planned. They just need an Ubuntu Dev! There are some notes on early stages here for any that are interested. At this stage I think if you wanted Amahi you'd be better off getting it as it is (based on Fedora).

I haven't really answered your question though. Bottom line is that I don'r think anyone here is working on such an appliance.

Although happy to be proven wrong!

Jeremy Davis's picture

Thanks for the update. I have added Amahi to the list of proposed TKL appliance candidates (here).

Jeremy Davis's picture

TBH I'm not sure if/when it will happen but i think that it is a solid candidate...

TKL is now based on Debian (since v12.x) but since Ubuntu and Debian are fairly close I still think that it is possible. We'll just have to wait and see what happens...

If you are particularly keen and want to push the development ahead, then feel free to have a crack at TKLDev.

Add new comment