In another thread some comments were made regarding how people use different freeware software and I am interested to see how people have solved problems using such software.
So here is my list
- Turnkey Linux of course! - virtual images preconfigured for easy deployment
- Askozia PBX - A very lean and feature rich PBX that supports alot of technologies (FOIP is unfortunately missing but will be visited in the next version)
- pfSense - Firewall based on FreeBSD
- Joomla, WordPress and Drupal - Probably the most popular CMS' out there
- Proxmox - virtualisation platform
- Bigbluebutton - conferencing platform
- TightVNC - remote PC control software
- Putty - SSH client
- Virtualbox - virtualisation environment
- Filezilla - FTP client
-  Almost forgot one of my favorites - T2 Linux!
So many more but I would like to hear others suggestions