gnomic's picture

I boot off of the Drupal 6 CD and can login as root to the admin page. Everything seems to be working.

I login to the user page, select the only option I can "Install Drupal in English" and get this error immediately.

• user warning: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') ORDER BY fit DESC LIMIT 0, 1' at line 1 query: SELECT * FROM menu_router WHERE path IN () ORDER BY fit DESC LIMIT 0, 1 in /usr/share/drupal6/includes/menu.inc on line 315.
  • user warning: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') ORDER BY fit DESC LIMIT 0, 1' at line 1 query: SELECT * FROM menu_router WHERE path IN () ORDER BY fit DESC LIMIT 0, 1 in /usr/share/drupal6/includes/menu.inc on line 315.

Suggestions? MySQL appears to be running.

Forum: 
Alon Swartz's picture

This happens if the installation fails.

I managed to replicate the same issue as you mentioned above by configuring my browser to forbid script execution, which is the default configuration when using the firefox extension - noscript.

This issue should be fixed upstream, in the drupal6 installation itself by requiring scripting and not proceeding with it. I'll file a bug report.

In the meantime, just reinstall the appliance and allow scripting in your browser prior to clicking "Install Drupal in English".

Side note: If you really don't want to re-install the appliance (which I urge you to do), you can drop the drupal6 database, the reconfigure the drupal6 package to recreate the database: dpkg-reconfigure drupal6

I'll make a note of this on the appliance page, thanks for reporting it.
pier's picture

Hi,
I need to reinstall drupal. Is it just running a new VM from within Virtualbox with the same settings as the former installation in order to supercede it?
Liraz Siri's picture

The VMs are isolated from one another (like separate physical machines), so it doesn't matter that you previously tried to install Drupal in another VM. Just start over in a fresh instance.
pier's picture

It seems to work after much ado.
What if I want to get rid of the instals that are not working and that I meant to replace ?
Shall I just delete the .iso ?
What about the directories and dynamic virtual hard disks ?
frank0987's picture

I recommend that it should be reported at drupal.org, it seems to be drupal itself, not Turnkey.

Add new comment