manujchandra's picture

Hi!

I have installed the mediawiki appliance and it works fine. I want to know where the files are located? Normally on a server they are in the www or public_html folder.

I even tried connection to sftp using filezilla but there are only dot files there.

For example, I have uploaded a file with the following path: http://192.168.0.102/images/c/ce/Nutshell.png

It worrks fine on the browser but I want to see the actual image folder location.

I want the same for joomla appliance also.

Thanks.

Forum: 
Tags: 
Jeremy Davis's picture

Hopefully I'm not leading you too far astray! :)

When installed by package management they are usually put somewhere else. Have a look in /usr/share is a likely place for the actual install folder. But don't put anything in there (it's naughty!) There should be links there to where the user added files actually are, I'm not sure but have a look in /etc/<appname>.

manujchandra's picture

Thanks JedMeister,

I searched my filesystem for Nutshell.png but it came up with nothing.

Looks like the file is not there on the filesystem. :(

Jeremy Davis's picture

Perhaps it renames them? Have a bit of a search and read over on the MediaWiki site and they may be able to shed some light on how it stores images. It must put them somewhere. They may also be able to tell you likely spots where you should be able to find them.

Alon Swartz's picture

MediaWiki Images are stored in /var/lib/mediawiki/images/

How did I find it? I went to /var/www (which in 11.0 includes convenience links exactly for this reason, to help new users find where the specific application stores it's files). /var/www includes a symlink called webroot which points to /usr/share/mediawiki. That directory includes a symlink called images which points to /var/lib/mediawiki/images

I've updated the MediaWiki development version to include the images symlink in /var/www as well, for convenience. It will be included in the next release of the appliance.

manujchandra's picture

One more thing,

This path /var/lib/mediawiki/images/

is this inside the virtual machine or the host?

Also, if this is in the guest, then how to access it since the guest turnkey does not give any console or gui?

Thanks.

Jeremy Davis's picture

There are a myriad ways to interact with TKL appliances. You may want SFTP (eg WinSCP, Filezilla) and SSH (eg PuTTY) clients. Or you can pretty much do anything through Webmin (port 12321) if you prefer a GUI.

manujchandra's picture

So I belive the files are in the guest. When I connect using filezilla, it only shows:

root >

> .bashrc.d

> .cache

> .gnupg

> .bashrc

> .penv

> .profile

> .rnd

No other folders like /var/ etc are available.

I can access them using the webadmin file manager, but its a bit slow.

Jeremy Davis's picture

When you log in via SFTP the default start location is the user's home directory. The root users default home directory is /root so if you go up one level (click the folder labeled "..") and you will be in the base of the file system ie /

From there you should be able to navigate to /var

manujchandra's picture

Thank you so much for being patient with me. I have it how.

Jeremy Davis's picture

Any more questions don't hesitate to ask.

Add new comment