I have just started using the LAMP appliance, and it works except that Server Side Includes does not work.
I expect the Apache server to include the includes, but in stead it is passing the pages through without any additional processing (This can be seen by looking at the received page source in the browser). This is on a new LAMP appliance - I have not tried to change any settings.
I see via Webmin -> Servers -> Apache -> Default Server -> Filters, under OUPUT FILTERS, that the default is to have INCLUDES checked (enabled) for .shtml
I also see under Document Options (for default server) that the setting "Server side includes and Execs" is Enabled. the setting below that is "Server Side Includes", which I have changed to "Enable" as well (as part of trying to make this work)
The other thing I have tried doing in trying to make this work, is to set a directive in /etc/apache2/httpd.conf to be
I notice that this has changed, probably when I changed the Document Options below, for now the line reads
Options +Includes +IncludesNOEXEC
I don't know the difference between these two options.
Oh, and I have tried one other thing: I have done "chmod +x *shtml" in my web page directory /var/www/test/
Note: The website works as expected in nanoweb. Now I probably need to re-install nanoweb !