Sophal Lee's picture

Hi

I'm try to setup an email server on a CentOS system with Postfix, Dovecot and MySQL.

I'm following this article for an Ubuntu system:
    https://library.linode.com/email/postfix/postfix2.9.6-dovecot2.0.19-mysql

I can connect to the server using both secure pop/imap but can't with SMTP. I have tried sending an email from root and it remains in the queue. I get the follow error:
    connect to osiris.example.com[private/dovecot-lmtp]: No such file or directory

Here's the version that's installed on my system:
MySQL v5.5.36
Postfix v2.6.6
Dovecot v2.0.9

Thank you in advance.

Sophal

Forum: 
Sophal Lee's picture

It seems this entry only in /etc/postfix/main.cf applies to Ubuntu/Debian systems.

virtual_transport = lmtp:unix:private/dovecot-lmtp

With CentOS systems you'll need to specify the following:

virtual_transport = dovecot

You'll also need add this entry in the /etc/postfix/master.cf file:

dovecot   unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
  flags=DRhu user=vmail:vmail argv=/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver -f ${sender} -d ${recipient}
Jeremy Davis's picture

As you've discovered there are a few config differences between Ubuntu and CentOS. Apache config is one that also springs to mind.

FWIW these are the TKL forums anyway (which is a Debian based distro of pre-built/pre-configured software appliances - most with postfix pre-configured) so the chances of anyone here being able to help you with CentOS was probably slim anyway...

Hieu VoTrung's picture

Dear Sopha Lee

Thankyou so much for the solution. It's very helpful. This guide is the only guide that help me fix the problem on my CentOS 6.5 servers.

Hope that we can have the same configuration on all Linux distro.

One again, Thankyou !

Add new comment