James's picture

Hi,

I'm having trouble installing tklbam on Ubuntu Trusty - 14.04LTS. Seems like there are references to debian jessie in the apt source config when using the ez-apt-install.sh from http://www.turnkeylinux.org/blog/turnkey-13-and-tklbam-1.4. (404 errors)

Does tklbam support 14.04LTS yet?

Appreciated,
James

Forum: 
Jeremy Davis's picture

As TKLBAM is primarily designed for TurnKey Linux (which is Debian based) I wouldn't anticipate Ubuntu specific packages being released anytime soon.

However I would have expected it to work regardless (especially considering that AFAIK Trusty was built from a snapshot of Jessie). Perhaps there are some dependencies that Ubuntu didn't port from Jessie (leaving them unmet)? If you could share the exact error then perhaps I could help you work around it?

I guess the other option would be to try building from source - although I'm not totally sure that that wouldn't end with the same or similar issues...

James's picture

It's a 404 error when trying to do an apt-get update for one repo. The ez-apt-install.sh adds a repo archive.turnkeylinux.org/debian jessie main which returns a 404.

Realise it's primarily designed for turnkey, and I use it all the time with turnkey. Just tklbam rocks so I'd like to try it to migrate a desktop ubuntu from lucid to trusty :)

J

Liraz Siri's picture

Thanks for reporting this. I actually did test that TKLBAM 1.4 works with all Ubuntu versions, but that was before Trusty 14.04 came out. I've added this to my todo list for TKLBAM. In the meantime, I recommend you try downloading the *.deb packages and installing with dpkg. Either that or from source.
James's picture

Just an update on this - I didn't have any success backing up from 10.04 and restoring to 14.04 or 13.10 - in both instances the boot log complained a lot about config in /etc/fontconfig and then on 14.04 threw an out of memory error before hanging. 13.10 was similar but just without the out of memory.

I don't think it's a tklbam issue - the 10.04 install must have had something strange installed. Unfortunately I'm out of time do I'm doing a fresh 14.04 install and just migrating data manually.

J

Jeremy Davis's picture

The best Ubuntu support you'll probably get any time soon will be a repo...

That will still result in the same message as there is no Ubuntu profile. And there won't be because it's not an appliance like TKL appliances and wouldn't make sense to create some arbitrary profile for it...

So you will need to follow the instructions and choose one of the options to create, ignore or use a profile.

Add new comment