Guichard's picture

Hi guys,

I am wondering if Turnkey is supported by a newer version than Debian 7.2.

Does it avalaible under Debian 7.6 or higher (even as beta version)?

I have bought a Nuc of intel and it is impossible to run Debian 7.2 on it (wireless bug;  ethernet defect. They are not supported).

Kind regards and thank you in advance for your help!

Forum: 
Jeremy Davis's picture

It is in the pipeline (actually has been for some time...) but we have been busy with other important 'behind-the-scenes' stuff so it is sorely overdue.

As a workaround, if you can connect via NIC (ethernet cord) then you can run apt-get update && apt-get upgrade and then you should be up to latest Debian base.

If you can't (connect via NIC) then there are a few different ways you could try to update in situ. The easiest of them would probably require a version of TurnKey that does have an internet connection though. You could do that in a VM... I don't recall detailed steps ATM but if you google something like "update Debian offline" (or variations of that) you should get some ideas...

CapnJoe's picture

Any known issues if I enable jessie repos? 

I'm wanting newer versions of python3, etc. 

Jeremy Davis's picture

Although for context I also don't know of anyone that has tried...! The only concern that I would have is that some of the TurnKey package dependencies may be upgraded and currently there isn't a TKL Jessie repo.

If you investigate package pinning then you will be able to circumvent that potential issue, but if your appliance is in production then I would definitely test first (probably in a disposable VM).

CapnJoe's picture

Yeah I have been researching for past day on why things were 'out of date' and seeing that wheezy was what TKL operated on. 

Never heard of package pinning, going to research that now!

We took a snapshot of the vm, it's not in prod yet, but is our prod box. 

I'll document the steps and any results we have.

Thanks!

Add new comment