henrik's picture

HI, 

I've some issues with recieving mail recieved through POSTFIX. I 'm running a ticket system, on a turnkey LAMP appliance.

Mails sendt to our support mailbox is recieved by POSTFIX and is normally delived to the ticket system through a PIPE. Mails are then parsed by the ticket system.

The problem is That som emails (around 5% - Isch) is bounced to sender with a NDR.

each of theese bounced mails can be found in mail.warn log

postfix/local[1538]: warning: pipe_command_read: read time limit exceeded

I cant figure out why this issue occours. I Cant trigger the issue by a single mail. The ticket system is parsing the mails in 0,1-2,5 sec.

Then the issue occours, the mail is placed in the mail que, I can re-schedule the mail, and its delived just fine...

I need any hint that could lead me info a fix.

Forum: 
Jeremy Davis's picture

Unfortunately Postfix is not my strong point. Is there anything in the logs that might give you a hint? Also perhaps upstream (i.e. Postfix themselves) might have some pointers on how to troubleshoot this one?
henrik's picture

Problem solved postfix removed and sendmail installed... the general performence is way better now :)

Jeremy Davis's picture

But I must admit that I am surprised by your findings. TBH I've never had a lot to do with sendmail either. However I was under the impression that in comparison to postfix; sendmail was older, less efficient, less secure, etc...

Regardless though; if it works for you brilliant! :)

Add new comment