Hi

I have install Joomla turnkey  version 3 then version 2.5 but for all of them, the joomla password I set at installation is not working even after reinstalling and changing the keyboard to make sure that is is US standard and that it is not faulty. As a result, I cannot use the system. The installation in on my local machine only and I an using VMware. How can I resolve this issue ?

Thanks you

Jean

Forum: 
Jeremy Davis's picture

As I mentioned offline, I can not reproduce the issue that you are having and I have no idea why it isn't working for you. I suggested that you try a different keyboard as many characters on a non-US keyboard will produce different characters inside a VM that is configured to use a standard US keyboard. I'm guessing that your computer isn't using US-English by default. So perhaps even with a US keyboard it is still misinterpreting the keystrokes? If that's the case then the VM window is probably interpreting keystrokes differently to your web browser. I'm only guessing but it's the only thing that makes sense to me...

So I've had thought on something that you could try to test if my hunch is right.

Log into your server via the VMware window (i.e. log into your appliance via commandline using username "root" and the password that you set on first boot. This should work ok, if not then I have no idea what is going on.

Once logged in, type some characters on the commandline and check that they are displaying on the screen the same as they are being typed on the keyboard. If not then we've worked out your issue.

To workaround this, you'll need to find a password combination that displays exactly on the screen as you type it. The password will have to comply with the TurnKey password rules (e.g. it must be 8 characters long and include at least one uppercase, one lowercase and one number).

Once you have that worked out (make sure you don't forget it!!) and then reinitialise your TurnKey server like this:

turnkey-init
This time use the password that you have checked will work right. Once that is completed, you should now be able to log into your Joomla site with the username "admin" and the password that you set!

Good luck and let me know how you go.

Add new comment