L. Albanese's picture

Hello All.

I just installed and configured a Turnkey Linux server.  I created the .ovpn file and successfully downloaded it to my ipad.

I have the eth0 interface setup to my local lan and can connect to the web portal via an internal IP (http://10.0.0.100).  I have also configured the eth1 interface with one of our external IP addresses, but noticed that in the configuration of this the default gateway is not taking.

When I try to connect with the OpenVPN client, it times out every time.

I feel like I am missing something simple but cannot seem to figure out where the disconnect is.

What am I missing?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

~Lance

Forum: 
L. Albanese's picture

This is an update to this post.

I noticed that the OpenVPN server fails on boot.  I think this might have something to do with my problem.

When I try to strat the service it keeps failing.

What do I need to do to get the OpenVPN service running at boot and stay running?

Thanks.

~Lance

L. Albanese's picture

OK,

I reinstalled Turnkey Linux and set it to Gateway insetead of Server and now I can connect.

I setup the local IP on a 192.168.1.0/24 subnet but I am not able to connect to our LAN that is on a 10.0.0.0/22 subnet.  I am assuming that I need to do some routing magic to make this work.

I will consider this post closed and search the forum to see what, if any, solutions may be out there.

If I do not find any I will create a new post for that issue.

Thanks.

~Lance

Add new comment