Erlend Sogge Heggen's picture

Encountered errors on first post. See reply.

Forum: 

I kept getting errors when trying to post. Probably because I had too many links.

MeiliSearch is a RESTful search API. It aims to be a ready-to-go solution for everyone who wants a fast and relevant search experience for their end-users. In other words: an open source, self-hosted alternative to Algolia.

We'd like to pay €100 for scripts and setup instructions for MeiliSearch on TKL. Please contact me for details.

Jeremy Davis's picture

I've just updated your user account so that it now skips most of the spam filtering measures. Hopefully that makes it a bit easier to post in future.

Re your software, from a quick look it looks pretty awesome! But TBH, I'm not quite clear what you are hoping for? Are you offering to sponsor creation of a TurnKey MeiliSearch appliance? Or something else?

FWIW if you do want an appliance, we provide TKLDev which is essentially our "build toolchain in a box". If you are vaguely familiar with Linux (particularly Debian) and bash, then it should be fairly straight forward to develop a new appliance. So long as it conforms to our requirements/standards (which I'm happy to discuss further if need be) then we're happy to publish it as part of our library. The fact that your software is open source is the bottom line, so you're good there.

Hey Jeremy!

Are you offering to sponsor creation of a TurnKey MeiliSearch appliance?

That is indeed what we're trying to do here, yes. We could do this ourselves, but we have limited bandwidth to support the various deployment options around. The ideal case for us would be to partner up with someone from the TKL community who already know their way around.

Jeremy Davis's picture

No problem at all. TBH, I'm not sure how much traction you'll get, but we'll see.

We do love to have new appliances, and yours looks like it would actually fill a gap that exists. Although having said that, we're stretched pretty thin ourselves. I do have a few thoughts on people that may be interested though.

Regardless, cool idea to ask and good luck with it. :)

I do have a few thoughts on people that may be interested though.

Could you get me in touch with those people? Or just point them here.

Jeremy Davis's picture

I've just pinged one via email and pointed him here. So we'll see how that goes...

In the meantime, please feel free to post links to your application and any documentation that might be relevant (e.g. install docs - ideally for Debian 10/Buster).

Jeremy Davis's picture

I haven't heard back yet, but those resources look great! :)

Add new comment