Dvd Wsn's picture

Hello,

I have a setup running a TKL image under Proxmox. I'm trying to connect to a folder via SSHFS on OMV6 which is running as a VM on the same Proxmox node.

With 'noauto,x-systemd.automount' in fstab, the mounts aren't there after a reboot.  When I manually initiate the mount, and when using 'mount -a' with 'noauto,x-systemd.automount' removed from fstab, it works fine.

Here are my entries in /etc/fstab

docker@172.16.11.22:/srv/mergerfs/snapraid/conf /mnt/config fuse.sshfs noauto,x-systemd.automount,_netdev,user,idmap=user,follow_symlinks,identityfile=/home/docker/.ssh/id_rsa,allow_other,default_permissions,ServerAliveInterval=15,ServerAliveCountMax=3,uid=1001,gid=101,reconnect 0 0
docker@172.16.11.22:/srv/mergerfs/snapraid/data /mnt/media fuse.sshfs noauto,x-systemd.automount,_netdev,user,idmap=user,follow_symlinks,identityfile=/home/docker/.ssh/id_rsa,allow_other,default_permissions,ServerAliveInterval=15,ServerAliveCountMax=3,uid=1001,gid=101,reconnect 0 0 

Thanks! 

Forum: 
Tags: 
Jeremy Davis's picture

Hi there and welcome to TurnKey.

On face value your fstab looks reasonable, although I haven't done an fstab sshfs mount for a while and it looks lots different to when I last did it. I had a quick google and what you have appears consistent with what seems to be the done thing these days. So on face value I don't see any immediate issue.

Two things I would try are:

Make sure that the remote filesystems aren't mounted, then run:

mount -a

That should attempt to (re)mount all filesystems noted in the fstab. Hopefully it might give some indication of what is going wrong, such as an error message. Or perhaps that will work?

If it doesn't and doesn't give any useful info, then I suggest a reboot. As soon as your container is back up, check the journal to see if there are any messages there that give any clues to what the issue might be:

journalctl --boot

If you are unsure, please feel free to post it all.

The only other thing that occurs to me is that perhaps 'x-systemd.automount' requires dbus to be installed and running? If you see a message like "Failed to connect to bus: No such file or directory" (either when you try 'mount -a' or see it in the journal) then I'm almost certain that you'll need to install dbus (and dbus-user-session). We try to keep TurnKey as lean as possible and dbus (short for "Desktop Bus") is a somewhat contentious package on a server system (it is "Desktop Bus" after all). Although it seems that as systemd continues it's control creep, it's fast becoming a requirement (if it isn't already).

I'm not 100% sure, but (other than a few MBs) installing dbus (even if you don't need it) shouldn't cause any issues. So perhaps that's worth a try regardless? You can install it like this:

apt update
apt install -y dbus dbus-user-session

Please report back on how you go, regardless of whether you are successful or not. If you continue to have issues, please share a bit more about your TurnKey container. It would be particularly useful to know which particular appliance and version is it (if unsure, just run 'turnkey-version'). Also if it's privileged or unprivileged and any other info that might seem relevant.

Add new comment