Peter's picture

Ive just installed Wordpress on my server and i would like to login into the Webmin on port 12321 but its asking for username and password but the one im using for wordpress doesnt work although i can login to wordpress. Is there a default that i can log in with then change?

Forum: 
Jeremy Davis's picture

By default Webmin uses Linux user accounts (i.e. PAM authentication). So login as the "root" user; using the root user password that you created on first boot.

Hopefully that gets you going! Good luck.

If you have any further questions or feedback for us, please don't hesitate to post back.

Vivgrg0_1717701's picture

Webmin and WordPress are two separate applications, and therefore, they require separate login credentials. The username and password you use for WordPress will not work for Webmin.

You should have gotten your default Webmin credentials in the installation instructions or confirmation email, which are created when the software is installed. If you don't have these, try using the standard Webmin login credentials, which are as follows:

Username: root
Password: your server's root password

It is advised that you immediately change your login credentials after using the default ones to protect your server's security. By visiting the Webmin Users module and changing the root user's password, you can accomplish this.

If you still cannot log in to Webmin, you may need to reset the Webmin password. You can do this by accessing the server terminal or SSH using the root account and running the command "sudo /usr/share/webmin/changepass.pl /etc/webmin root NEWPASSWORD," replacing NEWPASSWORD with your desired password.

Keep in mind that using strong, unique passwords and updating them on a regular basis is essential to maintaining the security of your server and any installed apps.

Add new comment