Subscribe to Security and News announcements
In the works: new apps, multi-app installations, clustering, better backups...
Wikipedia's Wiki Engine
MediaWiki is a powerful wiki engine that was originally developed to serve the needs of Wikipedia - the free encyclopedia. Today, MediaWiki is used publicly by many of the largest and most popular wikis online, while privately it is being increasingly deployed inside company Intranets as a knowledge and content management system.
Run from browser:
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
- MediaWiki configurations:
- Installed from package management. See /var/www for links to file paths.
- Ensure clean and compliant HTML ($wgUseTidy)
- Out of the box file uploading and image resizing (GD library)
- Maximum filesize: 2MB
- Supported file types: png, gif, jpg, jpeg
- MediaWiki extensions are installed via selected Debian packages.
Includes a custom script mwlsext to display enabled/available
- SSL support out of the box.
- Adminer administration frontend for MySQL (listening on port 12322 - uses SSL).
- Postfix MTA (bound to localhost) to allow sending of email (e.g., password recovery, user registration)
- Webmin modules for configuring Apache2, PHP and MySQL.
- Site logo is located at /var/lib/mediawiki/images/logo.png (recommended size: 135x135px).
- Site name and administrative emails (set in
$wgSitename = ""; $wgEmergencyContact = webmaster@localhost; $wgPasswordSender = webmaster@localhost;
See the MediaWiki docs for further details.
Usage details & Logging in for Administration
No default passwords: For security reasons there are no default passwords. All passwords are set at system initialization time.
Ignore SSL browser warning: browsers don't like self-signed SSL certificates, but this is the only kind that can be generated automatically without paying a commercial Certificate Authority.
Username for mediawiki:
Login as username admin
Web - point your browser at either:
- http://126.96.36.1999/ - not encrypted so no browser warning
- https://188.8.131.529/ - encrypted with self-signed SSL certificate
Username for database administration:
Login as MySQL username root at
- https://184.108.40.2069:12322/ - Adminer database management web app
- MySQL command line tool:
$ mysql --user root --password Enter password: Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g. Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement. mysql>
Username for OS system administration:
Login as root except on AWS marketplace which uses username admin.
- Point your browser to:
- Login with SSH client:
Special case for AWS marketplace:
* Replace 220.127.116.119 with a valid IP or hostname.