Subscribe to Security and News announcements
In the works: new apps, multi-app installations, clustering, better backups...
Java Servlet and JSP Platform
Tomcat is a servlet container that implements the Java Servlet and the JavaServer Pages (JSP) specifications, and provides a "pure Java" HTTP web server environment for Java code to run in. Tomcat powers numerous large-scale, mission-critical web applications across a diverse range of industries and organizations.
Run from browser:
This appliance configures Tomcat as a standalone application server (I.e., without an external web server). A Tomcat on Apache Appliance is also available for integrations requiring a fully-featured web server.
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
- Tomcat configurations:
- Installed from package management.
- Using OpenJDK Java runtime.
- Web applications in /var/lib/tomcat7/webapps.
- Includes TurnKey web control panel.
- Created Tomcat admin/manager roles and admin user.
- Bind Tomcat HTTP connector to port 80 (default: 8180).
- Bind SSL interface to port 443 (default: 8443).
- Disabled AJP connector on port 8009 (security).
- Tomcat and Java environment variables configuration system wide.
- Includes MySQL.
- SSL support out of the box.
- Postfix MTA (bound to localhost) to allow sending of email from web applications (e.g., password recovery).
Usage details & Logging in for Administration
No default passwords: For security reasons there are no default passwords. All passwords are set at system initialization time.
Ignore SSL browser warning: browsers don't like self-signed SSL certificates, but this is the only kind that can be generated automatically without paying a commercial Certificate Authority.
Username for tomcat administration applications:
Login as username admin
Web - point your browser at either:
- http://126.96.36.1999/ - not encrypted so no browser warning
- https://188.8.131.529/ - encrypted with self-signed SSL certificate
Username for database administration:
Login as MySQL username root at
- https://184.108.40.2069:12322/ - Adminer database management web app
- MySQL command line tool:
$ mysql --user root --password Enter password: Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g. Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement. mysql>
Username for OS system administration:
Login as root except on AWS marketplace which uses username admin.
- Point your browser to:
- Login with SSH client:
Special case for AWS marketplace:
* Replace 220.127.116.119 with a valid IP or hostname.