Stas Grishin's picture

Intended for: TKL Core

Generated ISO: 130mb

Description: Linux, Apache, Sqlite, PHP

Like LAMP and LAPP, but this time it includes Sqlite along with a Sqlite management interface. It's a lightweight alternative when a full blown sql server is not required.

Default accounts:
Administrator: admin/admin
Data Manager: data/data
User: guest/guest

To create a new database: Enter a database name, select version 3, then enter a filename into the path field. The databse file is automatically saved to /srv/sqlite/

This appliance currently uses SQLite Manager, which was the best web-based interface I found in the little searching that I did. If anyone knows of something better, please let me know and I will try to replace it.

Forum: 
Alon Swartz's picture

I like the LASP idea, a couple of questions:

Is it possible to:

•  Change the database passwords through the web interface?
  •  Set blank passwords?
  •  Set passwords via the command line, so we can add screens to the installer (di-live)?

SQLite is great for development, but I don't think its a very good solution for production systems though... Any thoughts?

Alon Swartz's picture

I have created a new section in the development wiki for TKLPatches, and have added this patch to the list. Feel free to update the patch page as you see fit.
Stas Grishin's picture

To be honest I am new to sqlite, I just decided to try it on some light projects that do not need a central database and to help keep things whithin the appliance without having many mysql installs floating around.

The way I understand it, there are no password, or none that I've encountered. The passwords are only used for the web management system. I am guessing they are located in the config database: /srv/sqlite/config/config3.db

I am sure there is a way to modify the password via command line through sqlite but I would have to play around with it since I am new to this. Is there more information about how to add a password screen to di-live? I will see what I can do.

Alon Swartz's picture

Woops, sorry for the late reply. I'm going over all the TKLPatches for consideration in the next release and noticed you were left hanging with the di-live question.

See http://code.turnkeylinux.org/di-live/docs/ for the documentation on di-live.

In a nutshell, you can add hooks to /usr/lib/di-live.d which then add additional screens to di-live during the installation process. For example MySQL based appliances have /usr/lib/di-live.d/72mysql-conf. PgSQL based appliances have /usr/lib/di-live.d/72pgsql-password. Those would be good references for implementing your own hooks.

Add new comment