http://www.orangehrm.com/

admin username : admin

admin password  : admin

base : Turnkey LAMP Hardy or Turnkey LAMP Lucid

Forum: 
Tags: 
Cristineta's picture

Hi again Basil,

I tryed to apply the patch on the LAMP Lucid, but I get an error message.

I used:

wget http://www.turnkeylinux.org/files/attachments/orangeHRM_0.tar.gz
mv orangeHRM_0.tar.gz orangeHRM.tar.gz
tklpatch-apply / orangeHRM.tar.gz

And I get:

TKLPATCH_ISOLABEL: orangeHRM.zip
# extracting orangeHRM.zip to /tmp/tmp.XXXXXXXX
gzip: stdin has more than one entry--rest ignored
tar: Child returned status 2
tar: Exiting with failure status due previous errors

Do I'm doing something wrong? Thank you.

Jeremy Davis's picture

And as TKLPatch expects a .tar.gz you'll need to unpack the patch first (renaming doesn't change the format). So:

unzip orangeHRM_0.zip

should do the trick. You can then install the patch as before (except use the folder name rather than the .zip name). You may need to specify the sub folder too eg

tklpatch-apply / ./orangeHRM_0/orangeHRM

Sorry I can't confirm these commands as I don't have handy access to a linux machine at the moment. Let me know if it doesn't work and I'll set up a VM and help you out.

Post now irrelevant due to Basil's modifications as noted below.

Patch reuploaded as .tar.gz

Inorder to build the appliance, Turnkey LAMP lucid or Turnkey LAMP hardy is required

Cristineta's picture

I applyed the patch directly to the TK LAMP Lucid appliance and everything was fine. After a reboot I'm able to connect to OrangeHRM.

JedMeister, Basil, thank you so much guys, without you this would impossible ;-)

Jeremy Davis's picture

Let us know how you go with it, I'm sure Basil would love to get some feedback.

Cristineta's picture

Everything was fine. I just wanted to test OrangeHRM avoiding the installation and at the same time try and learn about TKL appliances.

Finally and with your help I did both things. The only disapponting thing it was the application, OrangeHRM, I am a developer on a company specialized on HRM, and OrangeHRM it's so far away from we were expecting, I think it's not mature.

change the url to this

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/orangehrm/stable/2.6/orangehrm-...

or download the patch once more . I have made the chnage in the patch

Jordi's picture

Hi Basil

Thank for your help. I've downloaded the new patch and now I get a new error after run:

tklpatch-apply / OrangeHRM.tar.gz
TKLPATCH_ISOLABEL: OrangeHRM
# extracting patch OrangeHRM.tar.gz to /tmp/tmp.uEAAm10072
fatal: no such directory: /tmp/tmp.uEAAm10072/OrangeHRM
Thanks

Sorry , all these troubles ocured because the version of the OrangeHRM for which the patch is made is not currently available :( . I forgot to make the changes in all required positions , and i didn't get time to check the patch. Now please try the new patch.

One more thing , this patch need to be run on TKL-LAMP-lucid instance [http://www.turnkeylinux.org/forum/general/20100811/project-announcement-...

Jordi's picture

Thanks a lot!

Scott's picture

Tried the patch on lucid - seemed ok until it was setting up the db >

Failed to login with user root!

Got this when it was running the line 'create database orangedb'  Its using root as a username but not passing or requesting the password for root.

I had set the root password when setting up the LAMP image.  I can login manually to the db - but haven't had much luck completing the install manual (which is another issue).

Any ideas on why the patch isn't applying?

Jeremy Davis's picture

I would try applying the patch to an ISO. Problems can occur when patching running appliances. In this instance setting up the MySQL db possibly relies on having a blank MySQL root password (as it is in the ISO) and when it already has a root password, it fails. Not sure, just a thought.

Scott's picture

I will give it a go.

Scott's picture

I had to change the mysql password on the user usrorange (otherrwise was getting access denied) - anyone else seen this?

As a note for anyone else - I also had to apply the patch on a TKL core image (doing it on an image running mysql already was not successful).

cheers.

Add new comment