This looks like a manageable patch from LAMP: Zoneminder.

It bills itself as "the top Linux video camera security and surveillance solution. ZoneMinder is intended for use in single or multi-camera video security applications, including commercial or home CCTV, theft prevention and child, family member or home monitoring and other domestic care scenarios such as nanny cam installations. It supports capture, analysis, recording, and monitoring of video data coming from one or more video or network cameras attached to a Linux system. ZoneMinder also support web and semi-automatic control of Pan/Tilt/Zoom cameras using a variety of protocols. It is suitable for use as a DIY home video security system and for commercial or professional video security and surveillance." (http://www.zoneminder.com/)

I haven't tested on Core 13RC yet, but the install seems smooth enough on TKL's LAMP stack. Note that I haven't fully tested the install, and I think it's worth testing on bare metal as well as vm.

The build notes will follow - our question has to be - is a Zoneminder patch something people could benefit from?

Forum: 

Set Hostname

edit /etc/hosts, /etc/hostname

hostname -F /etc/hostname (I think it'll work fine without)

apt-get update

apt-get install -y zoneminder

ln -s /etc/zm/apache.conf /etc/apache2/conf.d/zoneminder.conf

service apache2 reload

#Because Tuxradar says so
chmod 4755 /usr/bin/zmfix
zmfix -a
adduser www-data video

edit /etc/confconconsole/services.txt to point users to $ipaddr/zm

apt-get clean

shutdown -r now

dpkg-reconfigure locales

dpkg-reconfigure tzdata

dpkg-reconfigure postfix (?)

We may have missed something significant. Need more gear.

Add new comment