bulek's picture

Hi,

I'm preparing home server platform basedon Turnkey Linux. I'd like to start with LAMP and add few other features (Samba, Wordpress)... Since Wordpress appliance has also some plugins installed and maybe some other interesting feature I think the easiest way would be to peek into TKLPatch for selected appliances of interest.

Are there TKLPatches for appliances published somewhere? I think it would be great source of info also for other purposes...

Any advice on how to do this ? I remember discussion about virtualization, but in my case I'd like to avoid it...

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

Forum: 
Liraz Siri's picture

Short answer: TKLPatch is just a simple customization mechanism. We don't use it internally so there are no TKLPatches for the stock appliances, though maybe there should be. Take a look at this thread.
bulek's picture

Hi,

thanks for info. I'm reading manifest of Wordpress-appliance and I see one line of particular interest to me :

turnkey-wordpress-2009.10 2

Does this mean that this is a custom package for installation of Wordpress in any other appliance with all customizations needed? It seems that this is the key to my need to have Wordpress on LAMP appliance...

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

Liraz Siri's picture

Sorry to disappoint you but that package is not what you're looking for. You can list the file contents of a package like this:
dpkg -L turnkey-wordpress-2009.10
If you run that command you'll see it just contains the appliance changelog. All TurnKey appliances have that. Its purpose is to make it easier to identify what version of what appliance you're running.
bulek's picture

Hi,thanks for info.

It seems not so easy afterall. Are there any notes on how Wordpress was customized for TKL (I'll try to make a package) ?

A TKL Wordpress package would be even better, but I guess this is not the case.

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

Add new comment