Christopher's picture

I've been using and loving Turnkey Joomla for some time. I, however, am having the darndest time trying to figure out how to add (and edit and delete for that matter) the directory of the virtual disk created during the VirtualBox installation. Could someone shed some light for me? Thanks in advance.

I'm completely exhausted from searching for the answer. I fear it's so obvious and simple that the answer is simply not published. haha.)

Forum: 
Liraz Siri's picture

All TurnKey appliances support SFTP. All popular file transfer clients support it (e.g., WinSCP, FileZilla, CyberDuck) and you can use one of them to access your appliance's filesystem as the root user and do anything, including adding/editing/deleting folders.
Christopher's picture

Thank you kindly.

Jeremy Davis's picture

and personally I like GUI tools mostly too. But if you want to get your hands a bit dirty and learn some basic Linux command line stuff then this is a good opportunity too :)

You can use the VBox window, but I prefer to use an SSH client. On Wndows PuTTY is a good one IMO. As for the commands themselves, because there are so many I won't go into them here. IMO Google is the best place to find the commands you're after. If you get stuck, try searching Ubuntu forums first (usually Google will pick them up there anyway) or posting over there, or here. There are a number of 'cheatsheets' about that can be a useful reference too.

Add new comment