Lem's picture

I have the OTRS application setup, but do not see how I can configure it to receive an email to post a ticket on the system. I can see in the admin section where I add emails etc. But how do I set up a mail server to send an email to the appliance.

Forum: 
Lem's picture

I found the answer and am sharing so incase another newbie like me has the same problem.

It was really quite simple,  go to admin page select PostMaster Mail Account. Then just configure it to receive email on the account you wish to use. 

Jeremy Davis's picture

But the post above makes it sound pretty straight forward and easy. Otherwise I guess you could try reading the manual? I had a quick look and I couldn't see it at a glance but I suspect that it's in here somewhere.

Jeremy Davis's picture

Although obviously you may incur costs hosting it.

Jeremy Davis's picture

No worries!

Jeremy Davis's picture

Download from this page. Then install - to hardware or any number of virtualisation platforms (ProxmoxVE is my favourite).

Any further questions I suggest that you start your own thread (rather than hijacking this one further). I'll see it and respond if I can help.

Jeremy Davis's picture

This is the forums of TurnKey Linux and appliance includes an earlier version (v3.3.9). So I'm guessing that you have installed yourself (on TurnKey LAMP or something else). Regardless of whether this is installed on TurnKey or not I would suggest that you contact upstream for support (i.e. OTRS themselves).
Jeremy Davis's picture

There are suggestions above; plus links to resources where you will probably find more info...
Jeremy Davis's picture

IIRC the default username is "admin" but there isn't a default password. It's set at first boot.

Having said that, you may be able to reset the password via the inithook. It shouldn't cause any issues, but I can't guarantee 100% that it won't. So please make sure that you have a (tested and confirmed working) backup before you do this!

/usr/lib/inithooks/bin/otrs.py

Add new comment