a794's picture

Dear TurnKey-Forum,

based upon my first post (Weblink) I've managed to install the TurnKey LAMP Web Stack App upon our server, given a static IP address 193.175.277.120 and installed Moodle and MediaWiki from the official repositories manually.

The installation of both apps works without any errors, following every step of the installation guides from the official websites (eg Moodle).

After the installation the two apps works with https connections without errors - just out of the box - no files needed to be edited upon the TurnKey LAMP Web Stack App or anything else.

/!\ Until yesterday: The server made a reboot itself.

After this the apps are not working anymore while all other apps (Webmin, PHPMyAdmin, shellinabox ...) are still running without errors.

I can't establish a http or https connection with my browser to both apps which were reachable before over the following two weblinks https://193.175.277.120/moodle and https://193.175.277.120/mediawiki.

I already searched over the TurnKey help and blog sites but haven't found any clues for my problem, so I want to ask here for help and support.

Thanks for your help and support.

best regards

Forum: 
Liraz Siri's picture

It looks like you have a typo in that IP address. Is that the problem?

a794's picture

Indeed, I made a typo in the IP address - sorry about that - here are the right ones:

But I think that's not the problem - the server and all other apps (Webmin, PHPMyAdmin, shellinabox ...) are still running without errors, excuding the both Moodle and MediaWiki apps.

Thanks for your help and support.

best regards

a794's picture

Dear TurnKey-Forum,

my problem is still unsolved - any ideas, suggestions or clues would be great.

Thanks for your help and support.

best regards

TS's picture

Dear forum.

I have exactly the same problem. Installed Moodle 2.7 and everything worked perfectly. After server restart I cannot reach my site. Some debugging shows me that the function redirect_if_major_upgrade_required() is called. This leads me to think that redirecting in itself is the trouble.

Any hints?

Jeremy Davis's picture

FWIW the OP mentioned that his server restarted itself. It sounds to me like your issue is different.

However, I'm 99% sure I know why you are having issues. xcache is the default php 5.4 caching app. But it is incompatible with Moodle 2.7 (and no doubt other new php web apps). I you check the apache error log (in /var/log/apache2/error.log) I'm sure that you'll see segfaults in there (caused by the xcache incompatibility...)

To install Moodle 2.7 on TKL v13 LAMP have a read of this post.

TS's picture

Thank you for your answer. I switched to opcache from xcache, with no result from that. (Even though I'm happy I did that switch.)

The apache error logs reveals that there probably is some sort of trouble with ssl on this site, but I haven't looked further into that.

To get Moodle working again I just deleted sessions and cache directory from the moodledata. I restarted the server afterwards, and it seems to be working. I don't trust it 100% yet though.

Jeremy Davis's picture

Well I suspect that you would have need to swap over to opcache anyway. When I installed Moodle 2.7 to a clean v13 LAMP it was very unstable. Once I had swapped to opcache it was rock solid...

Glad you got your issue sorted though.

Add new comment