PeterS's picture

Hello! I have a noob question.

I need to generate a Let's Encrypt ssl certificate. From various online sources, I see that I can do that from the Advanced Configuration menu.

My problem is that I can't figure out how to get there. I see from various sources (https://www.turnkeylinux.org/docs/confconsole) that it shows up as an option in the standard Configuration Console panel - however, there is no "Advanced menu" when I start up my Wordpress appliance.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for your help!

-peter

Forum: 
Jeremy Davis's picture

Apologies that it's not completely obvious (and sorry too that the docs haven't been updated). But to access the Advanced menu of Confconsole, you need to be logged in.

The display that you get before you log in, is Confconsole, but as you note, there is no option to access advanced there.

You need to first "Quit" out of that. Then log in at the command prompt. Use username root and the password you set at firstboot. On your first SSH login, Confconsole should auto start. After that, you'll need to manually start it by typing 'confconsole' from the commandline. FWIW, within the Advanced options, you can adjust it to autostart all the time if you wish.

So apologies again and thanks tons for your feedback. I've noted this as a feature request on our issue tracker so we can make it more obvious in a future release. I've also opened a separate issue about updating the Confconsole docs (they haven't been refreshed for some time...).

Any further issues or suggestions, please post back. We love to hear how we could make things better! :)

Add new comment