Subscribe to Security and News announcements
In the works: dozens of new apps, high-security deterministic builds, clustering, multi-app installations, better backups...
Serious web publishing for cultural collections
Omeka is a standards-based web-publishing platform for the display of library, museum, archives, and scholarly collections and exhibitions. Its "five-minute setup" makes launching an online exhibition as easy as launching a blog. It is designed for scholars, museums, libraries, archives, and all cultural heritage enthusiasts.
Run from browser:
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
- Omeka configurations:
- Installed from upstream source code to /var/www/omeka
- SSL support out of the box.
- Adminer administration frontend for MySQL (listening on port) 12322 - uses SSL).
- Postfix MTA (bound to localhost) to allow sending of email (e.g., password recovery).
- Webmin modules for configuring Apache2, PHP, MySQL and Postfix.
Credentials (passwords set at first boot):
- Webmin, SSH, MySQL, Adminer: username root
- Omeka: username admin