First of all i would like to thank you, developers of turnkey - its smooth and flexible software ! I use it everyday not only for web development.
I'm building an appliance based on turnkey lamp for automatic video publication via podcast and bittorrent from local network to drupal6 site. Its intended for sharing source material (usually licensed on CC) among artists and journalists. Of course there might be other scenarios of that system (say piracy) but i intend it as a box installed in "free-culture" multimedia studios.
So the plan is:
- file is being copied into a local folder over samba
- drupal picks up the file (via media mover)
- extract metadata
- encode it (ffmpeg)
- make torrent out of the original (basic shell script)
- copy torrent +move original file to local dir for seeding
- send encoded file + torrent to remote drupal site
- publish all on local site (kind of video archive)
- local torrent client picks up media for seeding
- remote site picks up the media, and publish it as both a torrent podcast and "web video"
- remote tracker pickup torrents from feed and starts to track it
- remote client (audience) download media via podcast client (miro) or bittorent (deluge with flexrss)
Right now basic functionality works, files are being encoded, copied, and published, media arrive to clients. Could you tell me how to properly install samba share so that security issues are solved in that scenario:
- Everyone from local net might upload media to shared folder
- Drupal might read and write to uploaded media and its dir
- Torrent client might read, write and delete the seed media
- Only certain users will be able to write via samba to given filder
Thanks for your help!