I use the Turnkey Nextcloud LCX appliance.

Just upgraded Nextcloud to v23, and got the message that for Nextcloud v24 PHP7.3 isn't supported anymore. 
In the Trunkey repositories, PHP7.3.31 is the latest version. Can I just upgrade it from the PHP website (build it myself), or use the debian repository, or do I need to do something special to upgrade?

Forum: 

Missed the comment from Jeremy in another post about php. Probably had a brainfart when using the search function.

Here's the comment, and how to update PHP if you really need to:

https://www.turnkeylinux.org/comment/50598#comment-50598

Don't just follow the guide, and update your Nextcloud-turnkey LCX without making snapshots beforehand :)
Just bricked it a bit when applying the php update. Made a snapshot beforehand, so no harm done. Nice to be able to test it out, probably missed a php package I should've installed. I'll mess with it again when NC24 arrives :)

Jeremy Davis's picture

Glad you found the info! Although the fact that you had issues isn't ideal. Perhaps you could consider creating a new test server from a snapshot? That way you can leave your current server as is until you have confirmed you have a working process. Please feel free to post specifics of the issues you hit and I'm more than happy to do my best to help out.

Probably just forgot to add some php packages. Saw I got a PHPxxx not found error in Nextcloud, and as it was just a quick and dirty test, I didn't bother to look into it, and just reverted the snapshot.

If I have a bit of time in the coming weeks, I'll clone the container, and see what actually happens and report back.

Jeremy Davis's picture

Ok, now worries! :)

Add new comment