Maxim's picture

I'd like to give CMS (like Alfresco and Nuxeo), and I suppose I'm not the only one.

Forum: 
Jeremy Davis's picture

There is already a blueprint for an Alfresco appliance but no reason why you couldn't register a new blueprint (for Nuxeo) if you like that one particularly!

If you don't want to wait and see, and/or want to speed the process up, why not dive in and have a go at developing it yourself? Download a copy of TKL Core and go from there! I would recommend reading this. Then use TKLPatch and/or document the steps you take on the Dev Wiki Whiteboard.

If you keep in mind that TKL is Ubuntu Server 8.04.3 with a few added extras then the (Ubuntu/Debian) world can be your oyster!

Daniel Serodio's picture

I'm building an experimental Alfresco appliance and documenting my progress on the Wiki.

I'm very disappointed with Alfresco's performance thou, its taking almost 10 mins to boot on a VM with 1GB RAM, which hints that the runtime performance will be pretty sluggish.

Dear All

I read at the TKL blueprint about alfresco , and I found that it need TOMCAT6 that "hard" for hardy (Base of TKL)

I also read Daniel's great work ..

I tried diferent path on this ... I use GlassFish V3 instead.

Currently I got :

1. I can login (admin) to my Alfresco

2. I still don't know what to do next , I need to learn about what Alfresco good for.

Sincerely

-bino-

Adrian Moya's picture

Hi guys, I've made my own version of the patch based on Ubuntu Lucid. Please take a look and if possible give some feedback. Thanks!

http://www.turnkeylinux.org/forum/general/20100730/tklpatch-alfresco-33g-community-edition

Add new comment